Friday, January 8, 2016

Myths And Phobias About Food

The very first wrong myth I heard during my childhood was, "now a days food doesn't have Satv (nutritive value to it's fullest) because farmers are using too much fertilizers, urea has it's side effects and even mineral content of soil (called locally as kas ) is poor." This elderly learned fellow was sure to state that forthcoming generation will be weak. 

Ours is next generation, and still we are strong and healthy!! And such are these dangerous notions related about food, which are discussed very seriously, under the banner of Care. The next popular phobia about food is, vegetables and fruits are processed using chemicals. My aunty informed me,"now a days they give injections to vegetables and fruits" as a doctor I literally saw pumpkin being injected with 2 cc syringe. And this recent episode of Aadesh bhauji (a Marathi TV actor) had blood in vomiting (Hematemesis)!?! had given more popularity to same phobia. 

Oh God! Please help me and guide me, which food is Safe ? Of course I am not denying, there is truth in all above news but... then what is the safe option? Let me share some interesting scientific facts here. Have we noticed that within some time period, mosquitoes  and cockroaches become resistant to repellents. Now may I dare to ask one thing, if insects and birds can mutate and evolve themselves, get adapted to changing surroundings then why  not  same Thumb Rule of Nature is applicable for us? Since intelligent human  beings do have intelligent cells to get adopted to surrounding and surely evolve, then why is not this Fact also popular along with myths and phobias related to food? In our tradition , before eating our meals we say prayers and regard food as Ann PurnBrahm,. Such is the power of faith and gratitude that food acts as Power Source and medicine.. in it's true sense. In the books of Psychology, it is stated that if person believes he is bitten by non poisonous snake, then chances of his survival increases by many folds. Here I would like to encourage all of you that please focus on positive thinking while taking meals, please don't entertain suspicion while eating. Yes it's obvious that I do recommend safe and nutritive food. But even I request to think in positive manner. 

Dar dar ke khane se kya fayada? Pyar aur vishwas se khana khayiye!

No comments: