Friday, December 14, 2018

Inculcate the co-operative behavior in your child



I was taking evening walk in the garden near my house. Wow! How awesome was the atmosphere and surrounding. I was taking walk and suddenly I saw a little girl who was helping an old lady to go to the bench to sit in the garden. She held that lady’s hand and took her to the bench, made her sit there and then was asking her if she wants water to drink. The whole incident is so simple and may seem very normal but what I saw was the compassion in that little girl’s heart for an old lady. There were many people but this little heart felt for that lady and helped her in best possible way she could.

   I came back home and was busy doing daily chores but still could not forget the incident. This incident made me think that what could be the driving force behind such an amazing mentality? How could a little individual have this sense of helping without any expectation? And then I realized that when a child grows in joint family, he or she gets to know each relation closely. That girl must belong to the joint family. Then again I went to the garden and waited for the girl. She came there to play and I got a chance to interact with her. I asked her a few questions.

   Mainly my concern was to know if she belongs to joint family or not? And surprisingly she was not from the joint family. I asked her how do you get the feeling of helping everyone around you? She said that, "once when my mom was not well, she asked for water to me and I didn’t give her. When I was ill and I needed water she gave me rather she daily does a lot of things for me and my father. My father told me this fact and then I realized I should help everyone if I want to be helped."

  I was more surprised! Seriously friends, it’s parent’s job to make children understand things by giving real life examples. You don’t need to sit with them for hours to make them understand these things and moral values. You just have to give them examples related to the things which you want them to follow. They grasp things easily. In the world of excessive stress, let’s pledge to raise a sensible citizen who can help unconditionally. This world needs more of such individuals.

No comments: