Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Are you mentally ready for a child?




Every couple wants to start their family. Everyone wants to have someone who is their symbol of love. Child brings so much of optimism and happiness, one needs to be prepared for that. Financial stability is also important but, one needs to be mentally prepared for their child. It was considered that women are always mentally prepared to be a mom and men take things slowly when it comes to having own baby or planning for it. While keeping the present scenario of the society into consideration, one can have a clear idea about how women also struggle a lot, when they encounter with the fact that they need to think about extension of their family.
       In the world full of competition and expectations, women are also in the race of proving the self-worth. Career, family and additional responsibilities drain their energy and leave them unhappy and tired. If you are newly married these issues drain your energy a lot as your family members want you to be mom when you are more focused towards your career. Before taking any decision regarding child, please consider following things carefully! Ask yourself some questions before taking this important decision of your life:
  • Am I ready to take this new responsibility?
  •  Am I ready to keep my career aside for some time for the sake of my newborn?
  •  Is there anyone, who will take care of my newborn if I get back to work after delivery?
  •  What is my partner’s state of mind?
  •  Would I be able to give my best to my child?
  •   Is my family environment healthy at this point of time? To accept that newborn?
  •  Do we have (you and your partner) enough finances to survive even if I take a maternity break?
  •  What do my physical conditions say at this point?



No comments: