Monday, January 22, 2018

Letter to the son


Dear son,

You entered our lives and everyone was very happy. By everyone I mean everyone who were not directly connected to our life. The reason was, I’d delivered a ‘baby boy’! That day I realized that I brought you into this world, where men are considered as superior ones. 
      My mind was shattered by the thoughts which crossed my path. That day I decided that I’d pen you a letter when you would start understanding the language and you would read it. I want to raise you as a human, not as a man, who is superior or who is not allowed to show his emotions!  
      As a mother I am happy and satisfied to enter into motherhood but it’s simply a pure joy of becoming a mother and not as a mother of baby boy. Following are some things which I want you to keep in mind, throughout your life.
  •  You are a human being!
  •  You are equally allowed to show your love, anger, sorrow as women are!
  •   No one has any right to tell you that you cannot cry like a girl!
  •   There is nothing in this world which is girlish or boyish!
  •    If you don’t know few things which girls do regarding household then you should learn that.
  •     Because that’s when you’d truly be independent.
  •     Don’t think that it is a taboo to discuss a few things with your loved ones who are women regarding their physical health.
  •      Eve-teasing is a thing which is very shameful and you should try to stop it.
  •      Judging anyone on the basis of what they wear and where they live is a cheap thing.
  •      Respect is the key of maintaining any relation and it is applicable to all.
  •      Follow your instincts and stay blessed!
Love!!!

Mom.

No comments: